Marimekko corporation’s articles of association
1 § The name of the Company is Marimekko Oyj, in English Marimekko Corporation, and the domicile is Helsinki.
2 § The field of operations of the Company consists of designing, manufacture and importation as well as domestic and foreign trade of clothes, textiles and interior decoration products. The Company may own and administer real properties and securities.
3 § The Company’s shares are registered in the book-entry securities system.
4 § The administration and proper organisation of the business of the Company are the responsibility of the Board of Directors consisting of not less than four (4) and not more than seven (7) ordinary members. The members of the Board of Directors shall elect from among themselves the Chairman of the Board of Directors. The regular term of the members of the Board of Directors shall expire at the end of the following Annual General Meeting.
5 § The Company shall have a President who shall be appointed by the Board of Directors.
6 § The Chairman of the Board of Directors and the President of the Company sign for the Company, each of them alone; and any two members of the Board of Directors sign together. The Board of Directors decides on the granting of other representation rights.
7 § The Company shall have one Auditor and, if the Auditor is not a corporation of Certified Public Accountants, one Deputy Auditor. The Auditor and Deputy Auditor shall be Certified Public Accountants authorised by the Finnish Central Chamber of Commerce.
8 § The accounting period of the Company is the calendar year.
9 § The notice of the General Meeting shall be announced on the Company’s website not earlier than three (3) months and not later than three (3) weeks before the meeting, but in any case at least nine (9) days prior to the General Meeting’s record date. In addition, the Board of Directors may decide to publish the notice of the General Meeting in one or more newspapers.
10 § The Annual General Meeting shall be held annually within six (6) months of the end of the financial year.
At the meeting shall be:
1. the financial statements of the Company and the Group, and the report on operations;
2. the auditors’ report;
3. the approval of the financial statements;
4. the use of the profit shown on the balance sheet;
5. granting release from liability to the members of the Board of Directors and the President of the Company;
6. the remuneration of the members of the Board of Directors;
7. the number of members of the Board of Directors;
8. the remuneration of the Auditors;
9. the members of the Board of Directors;
10. one Auditor and, when needed, a Deputy Auditor;
11. any other matters as per the notice of the meeting.